Welcome to our English speaking applicants!
Why Seljord Folk High School?
- Become aware of yourself and your qualities
- Become more confident with other people
- Improve your skills in a subject you love
- Become more aware of the world around you, and make it a little bit better
- Join us!
We offer single rooms. We serve good and healthy food. We will put great effort in making your stay a good experience.
Just do it!
English or Norwegian? Important about language
Most classes are held in Norwegian. One exception is our Viking study. This could be considered as an international class. Even though most information is given in Norwegian, we encourage English speakers to apply. We recommend that our foreign students learn some Norwegian before attending.
Welcome to live with us
You will live in your own room close to many social arenas. Our students live in one of our six dormitories. Our campus has several buildings for studies and activities.
- Main building for music activities, Musical Theatre Class and the Administration
- One building combines dining hall and gym
- Verksta’n is the name for the building housing arts and crafts. Here you will find our vikings
- Forgery. Close to the Arts and Crafts building
- Studio. The place you will find Singer/Songwriters recording their music
Study with us
A folk high school is much more than your main studies. You will find so many ways to be challenged and developed as a human being. We offer six main classes along electives, trips, and common classes. These are: